It’s that time of the year when we start thinking about getting the sprinkler lines blown out and turning off the outside taps before the frost hits. Before you turn off those taps for the winter, consider doing a drain and refill of your hot tub. A typical hot tub will go 3 – 4 months before it needs fresh water to run at its best. If you are unsure if it is time to do a fresh fill, just bring in a sample of your water to our Water Care Specialists at Beachcomber Hot Tubs, Pool & Patio for a free computer analysis. Here are a few helpful pointers to keep in mind when draining and refilling:
- use a QuickDrain ($69.95) to speed up the draining process. Instead of it taking 3-4 hours or more, you can count on about 30 minutes or less.
- use a soft cloth and a mixture of vinegar and water to wipe down the sides of the acrylic as the tub is draining. Or we’ve got an enzyme cleaning product called Tub Clean ($9.99) that works great as well.
- if you’re using the Mineraluxe water care program, you’ll need 2 cubes for a fresh fill.
- if you’re using the Beachcomber water care program you’ll need to have a full bottle of Eliminate on hand to add to your fresh water.
- consider starting your fresh fill with a new filter.